• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP 3000+ @ 180FSB wDual DDR400?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BigOl

Ok, here are my system specs

Abit AN7 Mobo (latest Bios)
AMD XP 3000+
1GB Kingston Dual channel DDR400 (2x512)
ATI 9800XT

What I want to do is try to get my FSB as high as I can. It will boot at 180, but it isnt stable, I've tried changing the CPU/FSB ratio, increasing voltage, etc. I can not get this thing very high, wtf? My memory seems to not run at above 350, even if i take them out of the dual channel dimm slots. Shouldnt they run at 200mhz each? Am I missing something?

I was able to take an XP 1800 (1.4GHZ) and put it at 180 FSB (2.0 GHZ) and it runs fine with Corsair 2700 DDR (266MHZ). The memory and FSB run at same speed (1/1 ratio) on a XFX Mach 4 NF-2HL (nForce 2) mobo, it gets scores of 2500 in pc mark (memory test only) and my system can barley get 2250. WTF?

How can I unlock my XP 3000? My chip is a green color, i've seen many places online with the ugly brown chips. I tried looping wire around two of the CPU pins, i tried drawing a line from the rightmost L3 bridge. What can I do to unlock it? I want to go from 13x to 10x-12x.

Chip Specs: (CPU-Z 1.22)
Family: 6
Model: A
Stepping: 0
Ext Family: 7
Ext Model: A

Any answers would be greatley appreciated.

Is your cpu locked? You seemed to imply it, but are you sure? By running 13x180, your cpu is probably maxed out at 2340mhz. Have you tried giving it more voltage? Try bumping it up to 1.75 or 1.8v and see how high it goes.

Also, amd cpu's have 2 multiplier ranges. The ones that go from 5x to 12.5x and the ones that go from 13x-18x(or whatever the max is). You have a 13x default cpu, so even if it is unlocked, you can only raise it. By setting it to 12x or a lower one like that, your board interprets it as a much higher multiplier. I think only voltage and fsb are what you have to play with in this situation.

(This is BigOl, this site is whacked out!)

Anyway, my chip IS lcoked. I've tried unlocking it using the methods i described above, but to no luck. Howe can I unlock this dang chip? I put the votlage to 1.75 and it ran at 185fsb, but anythign that required intensive CPU usage (like gaming) made it crash. Also bumpred the mem up to 2.70 from 2.65 and it helped, but still not stable at all. I'm lookign to boost my FSB, and lower my multiplier.

Well, you cant lower it, even if it is unlocked. Can you raise it? If you cant, there is no hope. It is superlocked.

no, it's still at 13x even if i put it at 15x. I'm just gonna get an 1800 and O/C it cause i an get that thing up to 190FSB with no problems.

I would recomend a mobile barton cpu over an 1800 any day. Even with a realy good oc, the 1800 will have trouble besting your 3000+. If it comes down to price, just hold on, wait for new and better stuff to come out. No use in downgrading.

Well, I have an 1800 already, so i'll through it in there and see how it works. the 3000 just doesnt perform like i expected. Especially with my new mobo and dual channel ddr400. Really disappointing.

So what exactly is the difference between the 1800 and my 3000? Why not just run the 1800 if it runs at better speeds than the 3000? Does the 3000 have different instruction set?

Back