• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mach 2 st views please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

7thDR-COWBOY

Registered
hello every 1 i am looking at getting 1 of these but i cant find any reviews on them i can only find ones for the gt and normal mach 2s i cant aford a gt or normal and this seems to be in my price range i would like to no a couple of things first though 1 is it noise or silent(ish) 2 i have read in forums alot of peoples mobos dieing using these badboys due to condensation and i am just wondering how this can happen 3 how far could i take a 3.2c p4 i do no that it is down to memory as well 4 what power is needed ie does it run of your psu or does it go through the mains any help would be greatful and links to reviews would be appreciated thank you

yes - what is the difference between the machII normal and ST? the GT is the regassed version im guessing, but why the £100 difference between the 2 other versions? Im also considering phasechange, but im worried about my mobo dieing too - how does it happen/can it be avoided?

mach2 ST is the same as the original mach2 without the LCD, fan controller and evaporator temp sensors.

the mach2 GT is the same as the mach2, but regassed with r404 and a shorter flexible hose

vrykyl , I have several threads going atm, here , at deviantPC, and at xtremesystems forums for the proper steps to make sure your vapor cooled rig (and components), gets set up properly, and steps to take to prevent anything bad happening to your motherboard, or any other component in there . :)

thanks Exempt - ill check it out. Are there any power supplies youd recomend for vapochill phasechange? (sorry - im asking everyone that)

it doesnt rely on the power of your PSU, but since it seems like you want a new PS, I would go with a enermax, its personally my trusted brand, and Ive been through maaaaaaaaany PSU's, the 400+ models are the best, personally I use there 660 watt model, EG851AX-VH , its intended for dual proc setups but I use it to power all the other goodies in my system. BTW at all costs steer clear of the PC toys PSU's, there absolute garbage...

does it not? id heard that the vapochill PE ran off your psu, unlike the new LS and the prometeias that dont? Im seriously considering the PcPower&Cooling 5110w deluxe for all my power needs - a good choice?

some if i get a machII i wont need a new psu, i can keep my Vantec? after adding the cost of a new psu to the vapo it works out more expensive than the prommie machII iv been looking at, so i may well go with that. Is the enlight case anygood? what are its specs? what kind of clearance do you need for the evaporator head to reach the cpu? cos my graphics card is VERY wide (about 12cm/ 4.72")!!! will it be ok? The machII im looking at comes with green lcd and an "intel mounting kit" - im gonna assume this is an easy mount kit, what else do i have to buy? as far as I know just seal string and some dielectric grease?

Yes with a mach II unit you can keep and use your existing powersupply. As far as clearance, you should be fine, I have a 9800xt with a zalman heatpipe, and a 80mm fan on the side of that, and I still have enough room. :) , As long as you follow the instructions , and the small steps I posted on how to prevent condensation, you shouldn't have any problems. The Nventiv units come with seal string, but I recommend purchasing more when you order yours, it would suck to need it late one night as you want to swap out CPUs, only to have to order some more. And yup the non conductive silicon, read the other post and youll see some links on where to purchase it. :)

You can get seal string from a local auto pats store for like $7 a roll. This is like the 10th time tonight I have said this, and tonight was probably the first time I have ever needed to say it...odd...

Exempt, you should link to your threads. Do you go by Exempt over at xs?

lo lads sorry i have not posted back but just to let u no i am getting a mach 2 with lian li 65 case :eek: :D am very excited it should be here about mid next week hopefully will keep u posted
i cant wait :clap: dam i suppose i will have to :bang head

Back