• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any ideas why 2600mhz is hard to attain :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cyberslim01

Registered
hey there, the system is in my Sig.. im currently running something like 2558 mhz with 12.5 multi and 205 fsb i think,
im using normal dimm voltage and ive let m,y cpu voltage to 1.95
im having trouble hitting 2600mhz being stable...any reasons why ??

also my max cpu voltage is 2.00 on dfi infinity board, any bios let you go to say 2.10 ??
my temps are at the moment 38 idle / surfing web etc and max around 50/51 c when playing UT 2004 call of duty for a few hours, then go back down when stopped... i think my temps are ok for the o/clock i've done and i should be able to get more out of this.... any hints... i need to use lesser cpu voltage really..

the nf7-s goes up to 2.3 vcore.
Could it be your mem? I dont really know my memory that well, so idk if thats good stuff or not.

well it's CH-5 so should be ok overclocker, easy to get to 220 at least id say... my cpu seems to eat the voltage... i dont think its my ram, i mean i could get 13x 200 if my voltage was higher i reckon...not sure :(

well i cant remember stepping right now :S...but when i first got it i noted it down.. i bought it from overclockers.co.uk and accordin to others who had bought from same batch its stepping was a very good one and great o/clocker, im thinking it might be more juice than 2v needed, i mean my cooling can take it but my boards limit is 2v..unless someone knows of a bios where its highered.. if not oh well , i mean cant complain 2560mhz from a 1833 chip

Back