• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This BH5 business is getting out of hand

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Amazing considering the sticks may be duds, as more than a few were. If I were the seller, at least I'd say what the sticks can do, with the disclaimer that it was done on a certain board - other boards not guaranteed.

On Ebay you don't get what you expect even when they say, so when they don't . . . :p.

But the Mushkin was way overpriced anyway. The owner may have paid >$400 for the sticks too. I think at one point the ram was selling for $220 per 512 MB stick.

Over the weekend, I saw a used 512 MB stick of XMS3500 here in Japan. Wasn't cheap either. $139 for a used stick??? Used Corsair ram is very rare here. Only other stick I saw was a 512 MB stick of XMS3500 mislabeled as XMS3200, for $92. That was almost two years ago. Bought the stick :D and it is actually my best one down low, capable of DDR456 at 2.8 volts, 2-2-2-5. High end? DDR500, 2-2-2-5 at 3.28 volts (worse one of my 7 sticks). Maybe that's why the original owner sold it :p.

Last edited:
that is great lol. more than half the price of my whole PC.

and I bet he gets about 500points higher on benchmarks if that. maybe half to 1fps faster.

I guess if your rolling in it, its something of a collectable/novelty peice.

Not idiots, if you have the money to spend. Definitely crazy, though.

I take comfort in knowing I paid $220 for 1GB of CH-5 and I get to run low latencies at DDR400. RAM was by far the most expensive component in this system, and I can't imagine paying $500+ for memory.

The more I read about crazy BH-5 hording, the more I wish I'd just bought some generic DDR400 for half the price and suffered the 2% framerate loss.

$500.00 and the guy has 10 feedbacks?! Only a crazy man would pay that anyway but add that and its foolish. This guy probably tested this stuff with so many volts its silly and still got a bad o/c so he sells them off.

Too many people with more money then sense these days. Buy a damn set of OCZ EB for $350.00 and get basically the same performance at a much cheaper price.

I'm wishing I would have spent the extra cash and got the mushkin just so I could sell it now. I wonder how much I could sell my KHX3000 with BH-5 for. I only paid $195.

I do have the cash and paying $500+ for that memory is just plain ignorant.
That stuff has zero warranty, and is likely stuff that doesn't overclock too well.
I'm happy for the guy that got $500 from a sucker though.;)

Buying used ram is like buying a used CPU. There's a reason for it ('cept maybe the XMS3500 stick I lucked out on).

Being this is Ebay, it's probably the usual story of I-just-bought-a-house-and-my-wife-is-pregnant-with-twins, sooooo, I gotta sell some perfectly good sticks of ram.

But as I said, I don't think the seller made that much, maybe $100. The Mushkin ram was really overpriced, and the seller may have paid $440 for 1 GB. 'Course making money on something used is always rare.

But it's true Mushkin won't honor the warrantee if you are not the original buyer. ???? I guess they assume the new buyer will overclock and abuse the ram more?

wannaoc said:
$500.00 and the guy has 10 feedbacks?! Only a crazy man would pay that anyway but add that and its foolish. This guy probably tested this stuff with so many volts its silly and still got a bad o/c so he sells them off.

Too many people with more money then sense these days. Buy a damn set of OCZ EB for $350.00 and get basically the same performance at a much cheaper price.

Well said... I can't imagine getting gouged for BH5, then the "next big thing" comes around the corner and probably for a fraction of the price...

Back