• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD 2200+ Overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

{pdX}Canadatron

I need some help overclocking my CPU. I have a NF7-S 2.0 and an AMD 2200. For some reason it seems like the FSB is locked as well as the multiplier in the bios. Is this because I haven't used "user define"? Instead I let it automatically define the CPU. Does that "lock" the FSB too? My processor was made the 36th Week of 2002. I'm using 266 Ram right now as well. What timings/voltages should I be using to squeeze a little more juice out of this CPU? Thanks!!!!

Yes. Use "User defined"
You should have multiplier unlocked chip but 2200+ retail heatsinks are not like Barton heatsinks so you won't get very far with them...

Average PC2100 sticks may go only to low 150s FSB at most so you'll really need that multiplier being unlocked...

MHz speed = FSB x multiplier

Thanks a lot. I know that my processor is junk for O/Cing but I'm just getting started. I'm getting ready to hop onto the 2500+ Mobile Barton bus just like 1/2 the people here I think. I know I'll only get maybe 2 gigs outta my current proc. Just gotta save up the cash and make the purchase.../me closes my eyes as they swipe my credit card.....

The Multiplier on my CPU is NOT LOCKED!!! It is 13.5 stock and I had it to 15 without a problem and was running at over 2gigs. I was also able to push my FSB to 140 and had my machine running fine (52degrees) @ 2.1gigs. All I need now is a proper cPU fan and i'm all set

A good heat sink is more important than a loud fan. You'll still have that retail 2200+ heat sink and that's what's stopping you from reaching as much as 2.3 GHz...

I've had my "crappy" 2200 up to 2.3 ghz post, need better cooling to push the voltage up (1.95) to be stable... half a gig overclock isn't to shabby on this chip... or any chip for that matter.. I need better ram and cooling and we'll see how bad it really is..

Ducatti said:
I've had my "crappy" 2200 up to 2.3 ghz post, need better cooling to push the voltage up (1.95) to be stable... half a gig overclock isn't to shabby on this chip... or any chip for that matter.. I need better ram and cooling and we'll see how bad it really is..

You don't need better ram. It will help, but you don't need better ram. (see sig for my setup)

I guess I shouldn't say need.. as much as want.. :D Good excuse anyway... what I really need is better cooling, as my temps close in on the 60C mark under load when I boot at 2.2 gig..

Back