• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a64 overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

galois427

i can get my a64 3200 to run at 240x10. but it doesn't like 266x9 for some reason. i have the memory at 5:6 so its running at about 220, which i know for sure it can handle. my vcore, vddr, ldt, are 1.7, 2.9, and 2, respectively.

Try lowering the LDT multiplyer?

You're running 2x 512mb sticks right? Doesn't your system freeze when changing the multiplyer in clockgen with 2 sticks of ram?

the a64 is only half locked. you can change the multiplier from 10 to 6. i did try lowering the ldt to like 1 and still the same problem. system does freeze sometimes when i changed the multiplier in clockgen. thats why i'm using just the bios to overclock. it can do 240x10 perfectly stable and the pci/agp is still locked.

I'm guessing you've checked your memory thoroughly?

Your Level 1 is CH5 based. My CH5 did 3-3-2 timings at up to 230 easy in my old NF7, but the A64 doesn't seem to like it at all. Not even 210 is stable without going to 4-4-2 timings.

Back