• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is the real diff ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

retsgtcas

Is there really a big inprovement between 2700 ---> 3200+ in DDR RAM ???

I was told that with my 800 BUS in my MB it will not really matter wheater I get 3200 or higher and that I should save my money and just buy 2700.

Does that make sense??? I wanted to buy Dual Channel 3200 DDR but now I dont know :(

P.S.

I have a ASUS P4S800D-E What would be some good RAM for this board? I want at least 1 Gig.

Thanks ;)

True, but is it worth the price and will I see a great inprovement in gaming, aswell as over all performance if I get the 3200 over the 2700 ???

There isn't a big price differance. You might pay an extra $5-$10 a stick going from pc2700 to pc3200 but honestly....what's $5-$10 when you're already paying $80-$100. Most places don't even charge that much more, though.

Your processor is rated at 200 fsb (800/4). pc2700 is rated at 166 fsb. pc3200 is rated at 200 fsb. You need pc3200 to fully utilize your processor's fsb unless you plan to oc. You can get pc2700 but if you get el cheapo RAM there's no guarantee that it'll do 200 fsb. Read the stickies at the top of the forum to get a better understanding of how important it is for the RAM's fsb to operate at the same speed as the cpu's fsb.

Back