• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Feeling the need for 1GB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Demont

I've started noticing that my 512mb (2X256) of ram isn't cutting it with some of the games I play. I would like to buy a new 2x512 set but prices seem pretty high right now, and the hunt for BH-5 is tedious and expensive. I would like a dual channel set that does good timings at no less than 220mhz and would work well when/if I upgrade to a socket 939 system.

My question is, are prices going up or down? Should I buy something now or wait?

I'm in the same boat as you are. I also have 512mb mushkin bh-5 right now. I'm selling this locally for $195 and then I'm picking up Kingston Hyper X 3000 non A 1gigabyte for $220. I'm taking a chance on it being bh-5 but if it's ch-5 i can still overvolt it and run what speeds I want. Good luck with your choice.

They pc3000 hyperx deal at kingston is done as they ran out of stock. The ETA for more is July when its doubtful you will even get CH-5.

OCZ EB might do the trick for you guys.

The pc3200 OCZ EB dual 1 gig kit goes for like $300. I don't need anything that fancy and I'm looking to spend about $100 less.

I know the 1gb pc3000 kingston deal is over. :mad: I was the one who reported it being bumped back to July in the cyber deals area here. Partially why I made this thread.

Hm, what kinda chips are the OCZ EB using? How are the timings?
I'm kinda sceptical towards OCZ to be honest..

heh same thing for me... i wish i just spent the extra money and bought 1 gb of bh-5 before.

Still, the nice thing is that the resell value hasnt gone down for bh-5, so if i can sell it, then maybe ill buy a 1gb kit of something else.

Back