• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Morgan question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Valk

I have had this little morgan core duron 1100 for a while now. i foudn out that my most major lag was caused by a lack of system memory.. sadly.. i cant afford to buy more... especially now that the memory im using in it, micron pc2700 cas 2.5 is $89 per 256 megs!!

I hate canadian prices on this crap... although, this ram works fantasticly, because the board im using is an a7n266 vm, and it has very few, if any overclocking abilities. furthermore, the memory has a max clock speed of 133 mhz. cpu max clock fo 133 mhz. this means that i can run this micron ddr in 1-1 mode if i want and at 266 mhz, run it at cas 2 settings. unfortunatly, the bios included on this board doesnt tell me what the other times are. only the option for cas 2 turbo exists. so lets just say the timings are probably in cas 2 with 2-3 for the rest.

The bios offers absolutly no vcore adjustment feature at all. im stuck with 1.8 vcore, but im wondering, if this duron will oc any on that. if ic an get 1.3 out of it, that could be pretty nice.
Most on my mind, is this:

Can you unlock the morgan core duron's in the same way as the tbird athlons?
if so, ill crank the fsb up to 133 now and lower the multi to see if she will operate. cooling is not a concern. but the 1.8 vcore does frighten me a little ^^:;

any suggestions would be fantastic. im looking to get some more ram for it *might as well get ocz <_<* as well either a cheap geforce 3 or 4 so i can disable to onboard video. its cute having a one board computer, but i want to play some games and not lag in divx ^^;;

im not one to be giving advice but,first i think that cpu is super locked and nothing you can do as far as the multi.maybe you can raise (not lower) your ram timings.then do the wire mod for fsb 145.should bring you to 1.2ghz if that works maybe try wiring for fsb of 150.should be 1250mhz or close.hope i helped

hmmm. ill have to look into it. I can crank it to 1450 mhz now by flipping a single jumper, but im a little worrieda bout the vcore requirement of that. maybe if i burn it in.
I dont see how lowering my ram timings will be beneficial. this ram is rated 2.5,2,3,5 at pc 2700 and was able to run those timings as high as 174 mhz fsb.

Morgan is based on the Palomino core, not Thunderbird core.

I dont see how lowering my ram timings will be beneficial. this ram is rated 2.5,2,3,5 at pc 2700 and was able to run those timings as high as 174 mhz fsb.

ok i see sorry im so tired.

So it SHOULD unlock in the same manner the pali's did then? also, is there a pin mod to increase/decrease the voltage? somthing tells me this thing is going to need at least 1.9 v to do anything more than stock. should check what the morgan 1300 needs. im sure they are the same chip. if i can do it. ill set my fsb to 133 and unlock it for a lower multi.

ill take it all appart tonight and see what she can do.

i was told you cant change the multi on a morgan.so i sold mine for $20
you can only unlock the applebred

Back