• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

system won't boot after playing in BIOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

unforgiven

Registered
After playing with advanced settings in BIOS (don't even remember exactly what I changed), my systme won't boot anymore, not even to the BIOS screen. I see a black screen and have a continous beep sound. What can I do ?

Reset the BIOS, you should have a jumper somewhere. If not remove the battery for a little while and let it reset. After it boots again don't mess with settings that you don't know about. ;) Read alot and good luck.

Just would like to comment, if you use the removal of the battery method..try booting it without the battery in it first, then turn off, put battery in and reboot.

Sounds strange, but once before in my past, it wasn't working for some reason, until i did that..

BUT, make sure you have all power out of mobo, or CMOS won't clear..

Good Luck!

-Kyle

The baterry removal method worked.
I couldn't erase the BIOS with the reset jumper method.
I removed the jumper, put it back in but still didn;t work.
Was I doing soemhthing wrong ??

Normally there are 3 pins for the reset jumper (let's call them 1-2-3). Under normal running conditions, the jumper is installed on pins 1 & 2. In order to clear the BIOS, you have to install the jumper on pins 2 & 3 for about 10 secs (sometimes it takes up to a minute), and then put the jumper back on pins 1 & 2. Then you can try powering up your computer.

Kendan ANd on some motherboards you can hold the <insert> key while booting which will boot to default bios settings.

Also on some that are compatible with the insert key method, it does not work **COUGH** DFI LANPARTY **COUGH**......Uhumm......

Back