• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Post you Adata FSB speeds and timings(1:1)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stockhatch

Can anyone running Adata RAM please post their highest STABLE FSB speeds and corresponding timings? At 1:1 of course...I'm trying to decide between Adata with its inherently loose timings at 1:1, or some 2-2-2 RAM on a 5:4 divider.

Please include module size and arrangement ie. 2x512 dual channel or 2x256 single channel...you get the picture

Also feel free to post pics of any benchmarks... :D

TIA,

AC

*I know TekOC, Maxvla and flapperhead (among others) have gotten nice speeds out of their Adata...I just want the most current/final stable speeds that everyone has achieved..*

stockhatch said:

*I know TekOC, Maxvla and flapperhead (among others) have gotten nice speeds out of their Adata...I just want the most current/final stable speeds that everyone has achieved..*

Can't say I've gotten really great speeds but I know this DDR is capable of it. It usually tops out at 295FSB 1:1, if your lucky 300 1:1.... but when I had my 2x512mb set my bandwidth and efficiency was just ugly so I called em up and traded for 2x256mb sticks and they refunded the difference to my PayPal account.... and now I'm pretty frickin happy.... at 285fsb 1:1 I get around 6600-6800mb/s in Sandra mem, IMO thats pretty nasty

My stability problems are a mystery, I personally think its my Windows XP install.... I just need a fresh install of Windows and I think I'll be set for stability... I'm just way too lazy to do it :)

flapperhead on the other hand reached 300fsb 1:1 with one of his sticks, but I guess it wasnt stable...

I'm not exactly sure, but I suggest you contact flapperhead about this... he keeps contact with some peeps at Komusa and they informed him about some new 3.5ns Adata that will be coming out shortly.... so if I was you I'd wait for those, cause they are ASSURED 300 fsb.....

Dont take my word on it though, I dont know too much about it... only what flapperhead told me.

Good luck man

I've had both the 2 x 256MB kit and the 2 x 512MB kit - actually I still have them both.

The highest FSB I achieved, in dual channel, zero errors in memtest, and 1:1 ratio:

2 x 256MB = 288FSB
2 x 512MB = 284FSB

Both were at 2.9v - going any higher didn't make any difference.

2 x 256 meg sticks 284 1:1 3-4-4-7 best they did at 2.95v. I think they can do better but the AI7 and IS7 boards I think are holding me back as each stick does over 294 1:1. Changing slots, better NB cooling, etc didn't get me an improvement in DC.

Under 260 timings are 2.5,4,3,7 at 2.95 volts.

Awesome. Nice speeds guys. I really want to run 1GB of RAM for the demanding games etc. so your 2x512 speeds are sticking in my head, mattspalace. Thanks for the posts.

AC

i have 2x256. one of the sticks will do 300+ but isnt stable. together they run aroumd 292-294. @ 2.9v increasing them to 3.25v does not help. therefore they must be newer binned bt-d43 chips. yeah, i keep in contact with randy lo )komusa support
i dropped him a line the other day inquiring if they had some real exceptional adata sticks,cause although the sticks i have will
run to 290+, my 2.4c i got from computerpro3 will run around 310-318. thats when he told me they are soon going to be offering some new hyperram with the brand new hynix ddr 550 chips. he said of anything they have these will have the best chance of 300+. im am not sure if they will be adata sticks or custom built sticks with hynix chips.

Awesome..I think Ill wait for a bit and see about some of those modules...As far as your two sticks running together at 292..is that in dual channel mode?

thanks,
AC

Back