• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best memory for a 3.0C..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trueplaya4ever8

what memory do you recommend for it, i was thinkin komusa adata pc4200, 512 kit for 145 or so... i want 2x256mb pack, recomend me something may ocz pc3700 gold rev2...

thanks

I'm using OCZ Gold Rev.2 Stuff will run 2-3-2-5 at DDR400 all day long. After reading the Anandtech review, I was offered them in a trade, and pleased with them ever since. Only issue I have is my IC7 MAX3 won't let them run above DDR 480 or so at even the most relaxed timings... Not sure if its the RAM or the board.

thanks for the link i was thinkin those from the start. but i still dont know if i want an xp-m or a p4c.. i dont want an athlon 64 atm i will just wait a while for that.

It would appear that the A-Data is best suited for the P4 because it will run at high speeds, but with relaxed timings. The XP-M, because of the unlocked multiplier, can also be run at higher speeds (with a lower multiplier) than a locked barton, but still needs faster timings for best performance. Another good choice these days for the P4, if you go that route, is the Kingston valueram with the Hynix BT-D43 chips. They have been known to run in the 250 - 265 range, which should be plenty for a P4 @ 3.0.

Good luck, whichever way you go.

Back