• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What boards support mobile bartons?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yuriman

I am wondering what nforce2's support mobile bartons, or rather, which ones dont. I couldnt decide whether to post this in the motherboard section, or the amd cpu section, but it ended up here :p.

Any nforce2 should be able to run a mobile barton.

The two popular ones for overclocking fsb and can give easy multiplier change are the ABIT NF7-S rev 2.0 and the DFI NFII Ultra Infinity.

The NF7-S rev 2.0 average around 220-230 MHz on FSB using good PC 3200/3500 memory with stock chipset cooling, without extensive mod. Its Vcore setting can get up to 2.2+ V , more than enough for CPU overclocking.

The DFI NFII Ultra Infinity, a newer board, can overclock the FSB even higher to 240 MHz (or sometimes more), with good memory. It has lower Vcore setting though. I don't have personal experience with this one.

Go to the motherboard section and do some reading, ....

Also keep an eye for the coming-soon A64 platform such as
a motherboard with Nforce3 250 GB chipset with a 754 CPU or
a motherboard with Nforce3 250 GB chipset with a 939 CPU.

Last edited:
I have an A7N8X-e Deluxe right now, and I was just wondering if it would support a mobile....hmm, food for thought?

Yuriman said:
I have an A7N8X-e Deluxe right now, and I was just wondering if it would support a mobile....hmm, food for thought?

yes, try it.

I cannot think of a reason that it won't.

Anyone had any luck with the mobiles on a Abit KD7-RAID? I've had the mobile chip for probably 2 months just sitting on my desk. Decided tonight to install it and reformat and what not. Computer won't start up now though. I'm going to probably tear everything down and make sure I have everything connected right but I'm worried that they might not work with the board. That or the chip is dead but then I'm screwed cause I can't return it to Newegg since they only have a 30day warranty on OEM processors.

I'd say the way you can tell if any board supports mobile Bartons is by going to the mobo manufacturer web site and seeing if they say it supports desktop Bartons.

None of the officially support it but if they can run desktop Bartons, they can run mobile Bartons.

A7n8x delux rev 2

I have a asus a7n8x delux rev 2 board with a athlon mobil xp 2500 chip and im runing at 2.5. 12.5 x 200 stable

Well according to the website, my motherboard supports Bartons 2600+ after a bios upgrade which I'd already done long before.

Anything special you are supposed to do to get these to work that might not be ordinary? Or do you just pop them in and go? Only thing I did was clear the CMOS before powering up the computer after installing the mobile but don't think that would have caused a problem with it turning on.

Was to tired to pull everything apart last night but going to do it in a few minutes. Going to hotwire the PSU to make sure it didn't just suddenly die. Not really sure what else I can check other than putting the old processor in to make sure it still works.

Just pop it in and go.. it will load your bios and set it at 600mhz, then you can change the settings to whatevre you want, i recommend starting at 200fsb with a very low multi, lik 8x, thats 1.6ghz, should load up perfecty.. this is assuming you have pc-3200 mem of course, otherwise just set the fsb to whatever mem you have (highest), and the multi so that it will be around stock speed.. all this at regular cpu voltage, and it should load like nothing.. then just increase the multi to whatever you want (as well as fsb if you have the mem and agp/pci lock) by slowly increasing it and the voltage of the chip, but mine did 200x10 at stock voltage, so it sholdn't be a problem at all for anyone, these chips are amazing.

Well unless I've got something screwed up that I can't find(very possible), after some troubleshooting it appears that the motherboard is dead. Don't know what I could have done to it by just removing the old cpu and putting in the new one but neither work now.

Back