• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bufflo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I did have problems getting my PC3200 CH-5 Winbond to run in dual channel. Went through 4 sticks of it and could never get it to pass memtest no matter what voltage/timings I used. I also couldn't get it to overclock past 210 FSB on my board. It's a shame because it used to be $70/512MB stick.

On the other hand, I've seen folks who have the same chips (Winbond CH-5) on the same board running at 230+ FSB speeds. Could have been my board somewhat, but I know I got at least one or two bad sticks.

If you are looking at Buffalo, I recommend TBL Memory. Great prices, selection, and service. Tom is a very nice guy to do business with; he let me RMA my memory twice. He can also, if needed, put you in direct contact with Buffalo's support tech, who helped me tweak my NF7 quite a bit.

There you have it. Overall, Buffalo makes good stuff. I would buy their memory again.

Cheers,

Odie

buffolo

no i haven't bought any yet. don't have a lot of money to get some and it is about the cheapest i have found

Back