• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

news flash! OCz makes bh5 killer! 233fsb at ras to cas of 2!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclocker550

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/memory/display/20040425175611.html

3-2-2-8 timings but for an a64, ras to cas of 2 is really all that matters, the CL of 3 matters next to nothing over a 2. we dont know how this ram will overclock, but we are talking stock 233fsb at 2.8 volts! This is the best ram for those that dont want to risk their a64 with a vdimm mod. we should see overclocks of around 245fsb at 2.8 or the max 2.9v that a64 mobos provide before vdimm mod. Finally a better alternative than bh5 for extreme performance without mods! bh5 might do slightly higher fsb but youd need insane voltages and the ondie memory controller does not like em volts

let us know how it works when you buy it.

you cant say how anything will oc until its actually been oced,your just throwing around a bunch of guesses.

not paying $187 for it and I hear it needs to be overclocked for better timings. that stuff is pretty good, but MUST be able to overclock to ras-cas of 2 to be great at 240+ fsb as well the other timings mean almost zip for an a64

The modules they've been showing off over at XS are programmed to run 2.5-3-2-8, not 3-3-3-8 as OC550 said earlier. They're doing extremely well. As mrspec3 said, ryan from OCZ has had his sticks up to 270. I'm thinking of getting rid of my BH-6 and picking up some of this.

Back