• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with 2200+ Tbred B

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Enigma.xL

Registered
My system is as follows
Abit KD7
Athlon XP2200+ Tbred B
2x256 Corsair Valueram PC3200
Gf4Ti4200 128 8x

I have had no luck what so ever overclocking this processor. when I up the FSB to 140's I cant get windows to boot. Any higher, or other settings and I have to pull my bios battery and reset everything. I don't know what to do. I want to get more performance out of this chip. Please help!

You can't overclock much with retail 2200+ heatsink, they're not like Barton heatsinks.

Heatsink is not the problem

heat is not an issue right now my CPU temp is 29 degrees, I have 5 case fans, and my cpu stays at 30s, and mid 40s full load. its not a retail heatsink either. Oh and thats not a faulty reading, its from my bios. And my Winbond Hardware Monitor is accurate.

Also you will have isuses with your PCI frequencies as your mobo doesnt have PCI locks. Could you also verify that it is actually a Tbred B and not an A which dont overclock as well. If it an unlocked cpu try dropping the multi and upping the FSB directly to 166 to take advantage of the 1/5 divider and eliminate PCI frequencies as an issue. BTW welcome to the forums.

thanks for the welcome

thank you for welcoming me to the forums, they are a nice resource, yes I can verify that it is a B, it was bought fairly recently, Cpu-Z or whatever its called, but its a cpu id program does verify that it is B0, however, as far as unlocking is concerned I do not know. I did try setting it to a 2800, which is set at 166, and 5-2-1 ratio, no luck, though the multiplyer is still the same at 13.5, perhaps dropping it a bit would help if i can? I have tried upping voltage past 1.8 to see if that would help, no luck there either. I know that heat is not the issue, so I don't know what is, I don't think it is the ram either, I have the ram at Pc2700 right now with good timings because I can't achieve good timings at ddr400 speeds, and I've read that timings are more important than bus speeds. I did that after the OC attempt to at least get that performance boost. if I can use the lower multiplyer settings, should I try a 200mhz fsb with the ram at 400mhz and default timings? and if I set it to that, what should the ratio be? Also, what voltage is best. Its default voltage is 1.6 or 1.65.

166 x 13.5 is definitely too much I would say - your Abit can access the lower multis so try something along the lines of 12 x 166 and work up from there. Dont try jumping to 200FSB just yet! For your vcore if your temps are OK (and your psu is up to it) work around something like 1.8v. The default is 1.6V

Last edited:
ok, I took your advice on lowering multiplyer and upping fsb to 166, but complete failure. First I tested to see if the multiplyer could indeed be lowered, and if it could handle higher voltage. So I left the fsb at 133 and lowered the multiplyer to 12, that worked, yay slower processor... ok, after that I went back into the bios and changed the fsb to 166, and lowered teh multiplyer down to 11.5 with a 1.75 voltage and the 5-2-1 ratio, this is where the failure comes iin... it rebooted, and look.. NO IMAGE, it has been doing this on most of my OC attempts, teh screen simply stays blank, I have to reset my bios manually by removing the battery while the power is off every time I mess up like this. I don't think there is any hope of any overclocking on this chip what so ever. So at this point i pretty much give up, I don't know what else to do, if you have any other suggestions for me, suggest away.

Enigma, I have my 2200+ @1984 and 1.625V and i cannot raise the FSB more than 147. 148-150 windows crashing and above 150 the system don't start at all. The bad point is that i cannot change multiplier :( at x14 the system report the same speed. I had few day ago a post about but none answer how i can unlock the 2200+ multiplier :/
Btw try to raise your voltage on CPU and RAM and try again. normaly all thor-b are ok up to 147 FSB.

well, I don't think 100 mhz or so is even worth the trouble, thanks for all of your input and attempts to help me out, I've noticed how knowledgeable most of the people are on this forum and I will wait to overclock until I get a barton 2500-2600 and hopefully get it up to 3200 speeds. :)

Last edited:
Back