• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need quick reply on stepping....!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CyberPredator

Registered
Hi guys, I need a fast reply on which is the best stepping for me to oc Barton M 2600+.
Here's my choices. Which one will give me the best bang for my buck...

IQZFA 0347 XPMW ( 2600+ )
AQYHA 0346 XPMW ( 2600+ )

Thanks

I is generally perceived to be better than A. BTW welcome to the forums and where you looking to buy them from (I am from Malaysia to)!!!

If you think you knew the answer why bother asking in the first place. Check out this site and you will see whether people prefer IQZFA over AQYHA - though if you dont believe me go ahead and buy the AQYHA. By the way I said it was generally PERCEIVED to be better.

ooh, I had look that word up
spu-ri-ous (spyoore-s)adj. 1. Lacking authenticity or validity in essence or origin; not genuine; false. 2. Of illegitimate birth. [From Late Latin spurius, from Latin, illegitimate, probably of Etruscan origin.]--spu'ri-ous-ly adv. --spu'ri-ous-ness n.

mendengar to mata-mata gelap
mata-mata gelap very very bergaya

Did that make any sense? :D
(I looked that up too)

I think I get the gist of what you are saying! Think I will keep the detective title though mata-mata gelap doesnt have the same ring to it!

Of course nothing is set in stone and the issue of steppings was always a statistical one. While you can say with certainty that certain core overclocks better than the other (T-Bred B is better than T-Bred A) all we have for mobile Bartons is that many more I's have been reported here to perform better than A's.

I'm sure he'll be happy with any mobile when compared to a desktop Barton.

CyberPredator said:
IQZFA is no good. most need 1.85-1.9 to even do 2.4g.

I just copy and paste this comment from another member in this forum. I need someone to convince me that the IQZHA is better than AQYHA or the other way around....

Step 1: Click here and scroll down:
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=287973

Step 2: Browse or search this section of the forum.

If you do that, you'll see that all we're saying is that
many more I's have been reported here to overclock better than A's.

Of course this does not mean that there aren't any I's that are excellent overclockers, it's just statistics. Don't forget that overclocking is very much about luck, too.

You guys in the States always get the best stepping more easily than us. I miss the order for the IQYHA 0351...If only my contact could have get the money faster...

Why does AMD makes life so difficult with all these stepping?
Example below...
Same week but why the trouble of different stepping??
IQZFA 0349 RPMW
IQYFA 0349 XPEW

We don't even know what steppings mean.

AMD doesn't make them to be overclocked, they make them so that they can run at default speeds. If we ask them to make things easier for overclockers, what do you think they'll say... ;)

Back