• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need help! I think I killed my mobile 2400!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zxlr8

I took apart the heatsink and fan and took the cpu out carefully. I was trying to do the L12 mod last time it was out and it ended up not working so I just left the wire in there. ah30-ground. I then went ahead and put the next loop around the other pin the instructions in the motherboard section for nf7 mbos said to put it on. They look like a diagonal or lexus symbol when you get done. I put it all back together being careful not to make a mistake about the specifics. I go to turn it on and the motherboard lights up and no beep. I am like WTF and took it all apart and pulled the wires closer together and tried again to no avail. I then took it apart one last time and took out the second wire all together and same thing!!! I am so amd at myself for messing with it!! It was hitting 2706 mghz last night. WWhere am I going wrong. Di I fry my cpu? The physical condition looks perfect. I was using a knife to maneuver the wires around the pins but I was pretty careful. Please tell me I did not kill this sweet processor. Help!!!

We've all been there.

Walk away.

Unplug everything.

Clean the CPU, then try it in the morning.

If it doesn't work, before the funeral, you may want to try it on another system. Sorry man, 2.7 gig (damn).

The only way to see if your cpu is still working is to try it on another working pc.

Well I am going to try another cpu in my socket to see if it is the system....I am so ****ed. Could scratching the underside of the cpu near those pins do damage?I mean it looks like it is not scratched....but who knows.

Back