• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobile 2600 OC Expectations?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Orion101

Registered
I'm trying to decide whether to go Mobile or not. I prefer stability, but I do like to tweak things up a little (usually more fun than performance anyhow). I have been debating whether I should get a mobile 2600 and push it up or just pick up a regular 3000+ that I know will work fine. Given the following hardware:

7N400 Pro2
Corsair VS 2.5 PC3200 (2x512)
SLK-900 with a Panaflo 80mm

I'd be happy if the mobile would at least OC to equal the 3000+. From what I understand the mobile at the same FSB and multiplier would still be cooler with lower voltage and the PowerNow, so even if it's only as good as a 3000+, it'd still be better.

So the question is, do you think I can reasonably expect to get over 2.1GHz with the average rig above? It seems most people are averaging 2.5GHz or more, but with better hardware, so I don't know if it's worth it to play with the mobile. Thoughts?

Thanks

Go for it.

These mobile chips clock very easily. Im stable at 232X11 for 2559 with only a Vdimm mod.

Hit 2500 easily without a Vdimm mod.

2.4GHz with just only about 1.6-1.7v, cool and stable. i am yet see m2600+ that won't do that.

good stepping will get you 2.5 at the same voltage.

uber stable with pretty quite cooling.

Back