• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why is Prime95 running slow?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

feyd83

I was burning in my new 1.4 Centrino in my Asus laptop last night, and I was amazed at how insanely fast it was running compared to my setup in my sig. In the time it takes my AMD to finish the first test (in the torture tests) my Centrino had already crunched through about a thousand tests (either that or a hundred, my memory is fuzzy. Either way it's ridiculus.). I thought that was rather strange so I ran the Prime95 bench, and my AMD completed it in ~half the time. I'm really confused by this, and thoughts as to why this is happening?

When it comes to pure number crunching the Centrino does VERY well. My freind has one and can crunch a SETI WU in about the same time as my sys 1 in sig.I'm no expert on the subject but it probably has to do with the instruction set inbedded in the CPU. Clock for clock the Centrino's kick @#$.

Psyko

I figured it was something like that, 1mb L2 prolly helps too. Hitachi is coming out with a desktop Centrino system. Wouldn't mind throwing a 1.8 in a desktop and seeing what I could do with it.....

Back