• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Heatspreaders.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

obsolete

Well I went over to SuckUSA (aka COMPUSA) today & was just picking up some cd-r's so I could burn all of my pirated music I just downloaded. lol...... J/K, JOKE mods......

Anyways, I always ponder around & look at the latest & greatest garbage they offer for customizing your computer. Generally makes for a good laugh on my lunch break. Well today was no joke. I came across some heatspreaders they had. They "say" "copper core". I got the ones with a shiney silver finish to them. They are pretty heavy.........So I know it's not aluminum. They come with adhesive tape on the insides & some pad that has peel away paper that I am not sure what you do with. Seems really solid though, really, not made of crappy material, actually quality!

But yeah, just was surprised that COMPUSA actually had something worth buying for once in that department.

It already has tape on the insides of the heatspreaders on both sides where it would stick to the memory. It has a seperate "single" sticky pad of some sort. Only one.....What just pick a side to use the thick pad? lol

NM, I bet it's for dimm's that do not have double sided chips.......to equal out sizes (width).

[
But yeah, just was surprised that COMPUSA actually had something worth buying for once in that department. [/B][/QUOTE]

they are made from hi-quality lead, with double sided carpet tape for maximum heat conductivity... lol j/k..

It's white, but it does appear to be "foamy", 2x-3x thicker then the tape on the heatspreaders. Makes sense now, just.....heh, I'm at work, so I'm dense every day until about 4:00PM-4:30PM.

I would not doubt your statement Flappherhead, lmao.....I for sure know they are better then the POS aluminium ones that are on there though.....

Dunno, they were pretty, they said "copper" on them. Since I believe everything I hear/read, I paid for them.

Back