• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question About Mobile AMD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

russm

I have the Gigabyte 7N400PRO2 the multiplier is controlled by a jumper on the motherboard.
pretty much my question is the mobile processor acts the same way as an unlocked processor? so it would overclock the same way as my current unlocked 2400+?
i had a previous similar post, but im wondering how much more i could get out of a mobile processor then my current one, im getting 2250-2300mhz stable depending on room temps, its been getting warmer so i had to turn it down some. soon i am buying a water cooling system, just still havent made my decision on which one. and i MIGHT be able to break past 2300mhz on the 2400+ but ive only seen people get around 2500mhz on them, and thats with some serious modding.
would i have better luck using a mobile processor? id like to get 2.5ghz without a ton of moddification.

You have RAM that can go into 200s, which means you don't need higher range of multipliers.

Lower range is accessible on your mobo so you won't need to do any mods.

If 2.5 GHz is what you're after, any mobile will give that to you so you should go for it. If you get 2.6 or 2.7 that would be an added bonus but only count on 2.5 for sure.

hmm... 2.7ghz would be tastey... maybe ill get a mobile after i get my w/c kit.

this may be a tough question.. but how would a 2.7 ghz 2600+ mobile barton compare in intel terms? 3.5 ghz +??? would that crack me into the 20k's in 3dmark lol???

2.7 GHz with 200 FSB would be a hypothetical Athlon XP Barton rated at 4x00+.

However, note that even an Athlon 64 at 2.2 GHz would probably beat your 2.7 GHz XP.

64s have about a 25% advantage over XPs at same GHz speed.

In other words, Athlon 64 PR ratings are not the same as Athlon XP PR ratings.

russm said:
hmm... 2.7ghz would be tastey... maybe ill get a mobile after i get my w/c kit.

this may be a tough question.. but how would a 2.7 ghz 2600+ mobile barton compare in intel terms? 3.5 ghz +??? would that crack me into the 20k's in 3dmark lol???

Read sig...01 score was when ran at 2.6Ghz...

Back