• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DDR2 is here!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It might be here...but it doesn't help to release something like DDR 2 if no one has any hardware to run it...

well that is great and all but what imotherboards can use it, and be did you see the prices, 154 for 256mb!? I want to see some benchmarks before I drop that amount of money

Wow 300 USD for 1 stick of 512Mb :eek:

That's a cool grand in CAD currency for 1Gb!!

I'm sticking to my DDR 1 until prices settle somtime next year hopefully .

Hopefully by the time some good hardware is out to use it It will be a bit cheaper. Until then Im cool with my DDR 1 :D

It's been here for the better part of 2-3 weeks :p

I've had a news release at oc-ware.com posted for quite a while, it seems silly to release DDR2 ahead of the game, but it will help pressure other companies to adopt DDR2 faster and all in all advance the industry a tad bit faster hopefully.

Cheers Crucial!

-Excelsior

Actually...didnt Samsung release DDR2 last year...or eariler this year...would of sowrn I seen it on there site for sale around Dec or Jan.

(Didnt think about that before)...

Back