• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2500m vs 2600m

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ares350

if you had to purchase one of these, brand new from a company, didnt know the steppings of it before hand. knowing that the 2600 is a little more money, but not really concerning that.

which would you get?

do you think 2500's with recent steppings can over clock higher than a 2600 of the same steppings in the same computer?

if i am correct the 2600 has a higher clock yet the same vcore so it would *probably* be able to OC higher than a 2500, someone conferm this theory. but mostly it is just luck alot of 2500s clock higher than 2600s and vice versa

I get a average of 2.6Ghz on my 2600m...seems like the newer 2500's run around 2.7+ at lower voltages and lower temps...

so your saying 2500's can overclock higher...

see I could care less about price, its 8$ difference, in a 1000$ PC who gives a crap about 8 bucks.

but I did the searches and specificly the stepping results thread, and see 2500's pulling higher numbers on average, but with far more chips surveyed.

so I got to being curious if it was just a larger selection group, or if maybe the numbers were old and 2500's used to be better, or whatever.

looks like I may swap a 2500 into my shopping cart.

logicaly the 2600+ has most potential. it already can do 200Mhz more at same 1.45v! These are the steppings to get for the 2600+, you wont be disspointed:

IQYHA 0351MPMW, IQYHA 0348XPMW, or AQYHA 0346XPMW.

DO NOT GET anything TXXX, eg..TPMW etc.

The reason most people say 2500+ is beacause the majority of people buy the 2500+! If majority of people bought 2600+....then everyone would say "dude, get the 2600+, it overlclocks the best." See what im saying?

I got the mobile XP2500 because that's what most people have had great success with it. Paying $10 more wasn't an issue to me.

I guess you can't go wrong with either mobile cpu and it all boils down to the individual cpu and your system anyway.

yeah, but how do you know what the steppings are when ordering online? I know some sites tell you, but not many... :(

theres 2 on ebay, but I hate buying these used cause you donno what theyve been through.

Back