• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2100+ overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fccdj

i have a 210+ with the old palimano (or something like that) core in it and every time i raise the fsb or multiplyer (more then 1 X) my system hangs and wont start i was wondering if my cpu is locked?

If the processor is locked then changing the multiplier wont do anything. It'll just boot as normal, but will not change the speed at all. It will not hang the system.

Although a locked processor does not effect the FSB. You can always adjust the FSB of a processor. Your instability issues could be caused by so many things.

When increasing your FSB you may need to add a tad bit of voltage to your processor, or RAM. Try increasing it just a LITTLE bit, see if you can get a few mhz higher inthe FSB than before.

2100+ is the end of the line Palomino. There is no 2200+ Palomino.
That means they don't scale any more so the average overclock is minimal.

2100+ Thoiroughbred B, on the other hand, hits 2.3 GHz with non-retail cooling.

I have a 1800 Palomino (locked!) :( I run it on a A7V333 and when I change the multipiers it hangs with a black screen... So they do hang Foxie3a, just maybe not on all boards!

fccdj said:
i have a 210+ with the old palimano (or something like that) core in it and every time i raise the fsb or multiplyer (more then 1 X) my system hangs and wont start i was wondering if my cpu is locked?

If you havent physcially unlocked the bridges on the core...then it is still locked...this is why it locks up when changing the multiplier...and when just upping the FSB...even just 5 or 6FSB settings...then you will have to up the core voltage...5 or 6 FSB settings can mean anywhere from 50 to 100Mhz OC...

The 2100 Pallys were not very good OCers...if I remember correctly...the most I could get my 2100 Pally up to was 2.2Ghz...and that was after unlocking the CPU...

*It seems like my 2100 took more then just the L1 bridges...been so long I can't remember what the trick was...but I do remember the 2100 being the biggest PITA to unlock*

You're in the US, so that would not be the wisest of moves since those desktop Bartons are not only multiplier locked but average 300 MHz less than mobile Bartons available at newegg.com (fully compatible wherever desktop Bartons are.)

zYclone said:
so just because im in the US... if i tried to get a mobile barton 2500 right now off of newegg... it would come to me multiplier locked?

No, the mobiles have to be unlocked to support the "Power Now" feature the mobiles use when running in laptops...(lowers the cpu multiplier to underclock the CPU when it starts to run too hot)

The desktop CPU's are now locked...and there is no way to unlock the desktop CPU's now...X86 desktop CPU's that is...A64 desktop's are unlocked also...

MHz speed = [FSB] x multiplier

All mobile Bartons are multiplier unlocked.

As for desktop chips:

• All 2003 weeks 43 to 46 Bartons and Thoroughbreds are locked.

• Some weeks 35 to 43 are locked, some are not, and that includes Thoroughbreds, Thortons and Durons.

• Almost all desktop chips made in late 2003 and 2004 are multiplier locked. (There are rare cases of post 2003 week 46 unlocked Bartons and Durons.)

fccdj said:
i thought only the 2500s were locked

Back