• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overheating

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tremble

Registered
I've just finished building my PC. I got the ASUS K8V SE and an AMD 3200+. The problem im having is that the cpu is running at strangly high temperatures. I have a water cooling system with cpu northbridge and vga waterblocks. At normal running the onboard probe is reading around 65 degrees celcius and my external 48. You can see my worry, if I put it under much load the mobo shuts off the power to protect the cpu.

This is with me running my radiator on the full 12V(as opposed to 7V). Is there any obvious reason why this is happening and what can I do to take down the temperature some?

What kind of radiator do you have, what kind of fan(s) is on it, and what's the rest of the airflow setup look like? Pics would help a little if you can get them.

Its this
vapo_KT12WCkit.gif

kit i've got, ill try to get some pics of my system later. Yes its all been bled etc, had the cooling running for around a week before I got the processor.

Ok. i've got some pics of the cooling. There not the best(**** camera) but you can see the pipes etc clearly enough.

pic-27063.jpg

pic-27064.jpg

pic-27065.jpg

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
Back