• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ahh memory prices!/good memory?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PCGUY112887

Well, I am thinking about building a new system for overclocking, and I know that I need some good ram...
So I decided on this...
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=20-145-420&depa=0
But AHH the price!
I remember seeing this for $100 a few months ago, the price is actually better now than it was a few days ago (was $161) but still...
Anyways, I found some cheaper place to buy the same memory, and a reseller rateing that nearelly matches newegg's. What I really want to know is 2 things...
1. Think this is some good overclocking memory?

2. I was wanting 2 sticks of 512, and I am assuming I need 2 sticks to run in dual channel mode? Could someone explain/link me to info about dual channel mode?

3. Any comments/suggestions?

I always thought that Corsair was better :p

And what is BH-6? Sorry not up-to-date on memory, my mind is still back in old PC133 days...

bh6 is a chip made by winbond which will be able to run tight timing @ stock vdimm or tight timing and fast speed if run @ 3v+

Last edited:
Back