• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

simpletech pc4000 nitro 310+mhz WOW!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flapperhead

i read a review of this memory over at the crucible and like i said on my previous post, i was very impressed with its ability to run 283 mhz at only 2.65v. since i like to try out all kinds of memory that isnt tested or reviewed often, i figured what the heck ill see what simpletech has to offer.
on sunday evening, i ordered a 256 stick from zipzoomfly for 85.00 and got it today (wed) . i although it has an aluminum heatspreader the pcb is bright red and comparing it with my adata, all the capacitors and resitors are in the same place, making it look suspiciously like my adata.( tommorow im going to take off the heatspreader and find out for sure what it is.) i fired up the old 2.4c and bumped up the voltage to 2.9 then booted up into clockgen. the best i got was about 295. then at 300 it quit. i figured well this is about right for an overclok of a good stick of adata.since my adata hyperram doesnt scale with voltage over 2.9v i figured i had hit the wall. then i remebered getting a email back from simpletech telling me their nitro pc4000
is made to their specs, although i didnt expect anything more with 3.25v, you never know. so i bumped up the vdimm to the max, rebooted and set clockgen to 300, and the memory didnt die. reset to 305 and it still ran fine. so on to 310. to my shock it held!. i reset to 315 and forgetting that anything over 3720 with my 2.4c needs 1.8v,(i was running 1.75). the cpu maxed out.. this is very prelimainary but i think this memory is capalbe of more!.. anyway im gonna do some more in depth testing tommorow.. needless to say this is one h#ll of a stick of ram.

Attachments

• nn.jpg
    nn.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 1,179
thnx guy, i have been looking for some decently priced ram with a good chance of over 300 for a long while. hopefully this isnt just a freak stick(idont think so).

I see that you got your 300+ @ 1:1. Congrats!

Is that with the 2.4 you bought from somebody like about a month ago? If so, then you sure got your money's worth.

That is somewhat crazey... if you got some watercooling on that stuff you could really up the voltage o_O

~t0m

yeah, this is a great cpu. i took it up to around 3.820(on air) awhile back just to see where it would quit. tonite im gonna order another stick ,then take off the heatspreader on this one- im pretty sure its an adata stick, but the chips must be the newer d5 hynix cause its 15-20.00 more than the regular adata , they are rated at 2.6 and they seem to respond well to voltage increases. i cant wait to fully test out this stick. maybe even get a prommy on this rigg..

yep, if this is a representative sample of the d5 chips i cant wait to see what the brand new hynix 550 (3.5ns ) chips will do...

Hey flapperhead, did you happen to run prime with these speeds? Just curious how stable the RAM is at 300+... If its stable it sounds like it may be the best RAM currently available for 1:1 operation:D

thanks,

AC

to tell u the truth,i dont know what speed it is stable. havent even found the max of this ram yet. when i hit 310 my eyes popped out like a telescope, i took a screenshot then upped my fsb to 315 then the cpu quit. so i just rebooted and started this thread.. tonite im going to see what the limit of this ram really is(if my cpu holds up) then ill do some quick stability tests at different voltages and timings to see how it performs. ill post my findings and maybe some pics as soon as i get finished tonite or tommorrow.. and just think, i almost didnt buy this ram(gonna order another stick), just goes to show u never know when you'll find a gem..

Good deal man. Hope you end up with a GB of the stuff that will run 300+ dual channel. Wouldn't that be swell:D

Keep doing what youre doing so I can just kick back and order proven parts LOL.

AC

well im back i had some stability issues with my cpu. im gettin an initial error when i go into testing prime. no matter what speed i use. i think im overvolting something on one of my mods.. problem is now i have to check the voltage on each mod (im taking a break)..so i wont get a chance to test tonite. anyway looks like absolute maximum speed is around 312-313.

Microcenter sells it too. There have been a few times where I almost picked some up. It was cheap but it just looked too cheesy for me to convince myself that it would be a good buy :p. I might have to get some after all. I wonder how it would perform in an amd system...

this stuff (if all sticks run like my first one) is for extreme fsb 1-1.on corsair or ocz this stick would have been speed tested and put in their pc4400 and sold for more.. but since simpletech has 1 kind of pc4000 nitro and if the rest of their pc4000 is spec'd the same way- this stuff is gonna scream..

Back