• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobile XP 2400+ 35W Results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gogeta_G3D

Several of us have ordered the 35w versions. as far as i know, this is the first time they are available in US. This thread is to post results.....

ares350 said:
what are we expecting? 2700mhz on average or peak?

if i dont get 2.7ghz out of it, with lower voltage than my current 2.7ghz below, im selling it.

The best on in the thread is by endre, post # 17, 2843Mhz. his is a SPMW................

That not all TPMW's are trash and not all MPMW are great overclockers - merely that the balance might be tipped more in your favour taking one over the other - but this is probabilities we are talking about not cast in stone as there is no empirical evidence to suggest otherwise.

well, I have yet to see one MPMW that wasnt considered a great oclocker. I have seen many TPMW that were trash, including one 2600+ TPMW I had.

One thing to keep in mind...especially at XS or TXF...

look at the PSU they are using...this makes a big difference in a high and stable OC...so its really hard to tell on one certain CPU...just becasue a few people got a lousy OC on one certain type of CPU cant really tell you...they might be running a cheap PSU that they fail to mention...and if this is the case...that would hamper their OC...So at times it's really hard to say what is good and what is bad...with out finding out more then just the MB, cooling and ram...

Now the ones running killer PSU's (PC Cooling, etc.) with nice hardware and cooling (either it be air or WC...which ever way you plan on running your CPU)...those are the ones to check out...those systems will pretty much tell you what the OC cap is...but how many people list the PSU or ask what PSU someone is running...

OC Detective said:
If you look you will find them. Week of manufacture is much more critical than this four letter code.

i have looked. show me.

glock19owner said:
One thing to keep in mind...especially at XS or TXF...

look at the PSU they are using...this makes a big difference in a high and stable OC...so its really hard to tell on one certain CPU...just becasue a few people got a lousy OC on one certain type of CPU cant really tell you...they might be running a cheap PSU that they fail to mention...and if this is the case...that would hamper their OC...So at times it's really hard to say what is good and what is bad...with out finding out more then just the MB, cooling and ram...

Now the ones running killer PSU's (PC Cooling, etc.) with nice hardware and cooling (either it be air or WC...which ever way you plan on running your CPU)...those are the ones to check out...those systems will pretty much tell you what the OC cap is...but how many people list the PSU or ask what PSU someone is running...

are you saying their PS suck? the ones saw were levicom and super flower, those are good.

Gogeta_G3D said:
are you saying their PS suck? the ones saw were levicom and super flower, those are good.

Don't put words in my post now ;)...

Not saying all are...super flowers are good PSU's...but not some of the best...even the 480 flowers still can hamper the OC...

I run a Tt 420 w/active PFC and I still have to have my adjustable rails turned all the way up...and even then I am having rail issues trying to be stable at 2.7Ghz...

What my main thing was...some how got lost in that novel I posted...you need to look at the complete system...not just some of the hardware and CPU to get a good overview...and then you should be able to get a good judgement if their CPU is at its max...or possible it might be a weaker linker other then the CPU...and most of the times that weak link is the PSU...

glock19owner said:

Don't put words in my post now ;)...

Not saying all are...super flowers are good PSU's...but not some of the best...even the 480 flowers still can hamper the OC...

I run a Tt 420 w/active PFC and I still have to have my adjustable rails turned all the way up...and even then I am having rail issues trying to be stable at 2.7Ghz...

What my main thing was...some how got lost in that novel I posted...you need to look at the complete system...not just some of the hardware and CPU to get a good overview...and then you should be able to get a good judgement if their CPU is at its max...or possible it might be a weaker linker other then the CPU...and most of the times that weak link is the PSU...

right, i see. well, if things go as planned, im gonna get a turbo-cool 510. question, if im using a quality ps like tc, would i be able to use less voltage to oc to same level?

Possible, but that will depend on the MB itself...

Does yours undervolt like my NF7-S now...when I first got it...it overvolted...not it seriously undervolts...

*Never mind...seen you answered that in another thread*

glock19owner said:
Possible, but that will depend on the MB itself...

Does yours undervolt like my NF7-S now...when I first got it...it overvolted...not it seriously undervolts...

*Never mind...seen you answered that in another thread*

Ya thats my problem.. I have a TurboCool 510 and my rails are sold.. but the dam vcore fluctuates and hampers my OC from being higher.. boooboooo !! :(

set to 1.8v in bios and in mbm bounces from 1.72-1.81 ..average is about 1.76 I think..

Back