• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ram Timings or FSB??????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IceCoolJay

Registered
Hi, I want to know if its better to run my Computer @ 250 FSB using 2.5-4-3-6 Timings or run more relaxed timings of 3-4-4-7 to get 256 FSB?. I ran some benchmarks and it most say that running the higher 256 FSB is better, but they're just benchmarks. I was wondering what would be the better option in real performance...Since its only a small increase of FSB i was leaning towards 250FSB with 2.5-4-3-6 timings...What do you think?

Those timings are pretty darn relaxed, I would probably go for the better timings but if you tried a good number of beinchmarks and thye all showed one to be a little better I would probably go with that. If I were you I would try timings like 2.5-3-3-9/11 if you can. The last one can be really high with little to no preformance lost and it will usually give you a little more stablility.

If you want to understand exactly what timings and FSB will do you can read the incredibly in-depth stickies in this section:D

Back