• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dual core K8 pin and mobo compatible?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well considering that they are not coming out before next year, you can be sure it won't be based on 130nm manufacturing process.

This could mean that people with single processor socket 940 motherboards now will be able to turn their motherboards into dual processor boards later.

Being compatible with current motherboards would also mean that they would not produce more heat then the motherboard spec. (~90W?)

Show me

Its all easy to say that it will just plug in, but there is always the buts, when it comes to ceo's shouting out crap like this.

Dont get me wrong, it will be great if it is truly the case.

At this point, I will be happy as a pig in @@@@ if 90nm Opterons work in my boards when they come out.

Looking at how you can install bartons in anchient socket A motherboards, I would'tn be suprised if this works too!

well they have 35 watt opterons now, 35 + 35 = 70. plus they will probably be on .09u so they will draw even less power.

Back