• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP Unlocking Kit ...Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mindraid

Registered
I bought that unlocking kit from Highspeed PC and there was I guide but I didn't understand it.
I still need some help with the Unlocking guide. I have a jpeg picture of "my" Amd XP Barton if anyone could take a look at it and help me.

Info about my Barton: AXDA2500DKV4D
AQYHA 0401VPMW

I have borrowed the picture but the gaps (laser cuts) in the L-bridges is the same. If anyone could look at the picture and make a mark where I should start unlocking.

Please help me!

http://www.highspeedpc.com/Merchant...Code=HSPC&Product_Code=XPkit&Category_Code=OC

Attachments

• bartonxp2500.jpg
    bartonxp2500.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 110
Welcome to the forums...

But like the 2 post above stated...those can not be unlocked...

Any CPU, with the exceptions of the Mobile (all mobiles) and A64 CPU's (not sure if all of them are or not)...are locked after weeks 43 to 46 of 2003...They now can not be unlocked like the old pally's...

There is also a good chance to ruin the CPU trying to unlock the bridges with that kit...it should of stated somewhere on the site that it will not unlock the super locked CPU's...which is what you posses...

You can read more about when AMD started locking the CPU's and which ones to look for that are not lock in this thread...

The XP mobile CPU's...are laptop CPU's...but will run in desktop motherboards since they are the same pin settings...462...the mobiles are unlocked to support "Power Now" that laptops use to cool a CPU down when it start to run too hot...it will underclock itself too cool down or to save on battery power...since the "Power Now" option changes the multiplier on the CPU...the Mobiles have to be unlocked...

The Mobiles also run at a lower wattage then the desktops CPU's do (1.35 - 1.45v (mobiles) vs 1.65 1.85v (desktops))...so they tend to run cooler in desktop systems and the OC potential is very high with them...

If you check my sig...that is a XP 2600 Mobile (2Ghz default) I am using...It is running at 2.65Ghz at 1.82v's...I can run it at 2.1Ghz at 1.35v's...undervolted...100% stable...

These are some of the main reasons why people are using the XP mobiles CPU's to overclock now...

I just got a 3200+ Barton from newegg. I remember reading that all the bartons after a certain time were locked. Mine's not. It doesn't overclock well like everyone said, my wife made me get it for lower noise. I've had the damn thing off 3 times and didn't bother looking at the stepping because I wasn't planning on OCing it.

Are all the 3200's unlocked?

Back