• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

After What Week 2003 Where XP's Locked?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yours should be unlocked, because all cpus after week 39 are locked. but i've read some before week 39 are locked too, but these are exeptions.

Thanks

I bought the comp complete just after Christmas 2003 so i always expected the proc to be locked. I took the opportunity to copy the steppings down when i recently fitted me new HSF and it turns out its a week 35. I'm quite pleased with that :D

I think its time i attempted to overclock it now i got all my cooling sorted :)

Hmmm, just thought i'd try it but then realised when i went into my Bios that even thou this motherboard is full of all the overclocking features including Hybrid Booster, so overclocking your FSB wont affect your AGP and PCI and COP so it will automatically shutdown the system if you overclock too far you can only alter the multiplier through jumpers on the motherboard, which they dont ship with it :mad:
I have a load of jumpers from Smartfan II's, i wonder if they'll do the job. I'm thinking so...

Back