• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amd 64 3200+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mavphoto1

Registered
It's done, I'm picking up a new CPU/Mobo tomorrow.
AMD 64 3200 with Aopen AK86L(Via)
It's seems to be a nice combination!

I will install XP 64 bit for AMD OS with the regular 32 bit on a seperate HDD.

This should keep me busy for a while!

I'll let you know about my result

I'd strongly suggest a different board, either the Chaintech nF3 250 model, the Shuttle AN50R, or the Gigabye K8N. I'd avoid Aopen if possible.

Gautam said:
I'd strongly suggest a different board, either the Chaintech nF3 250 model, the Shuttle AN50R, or the Gigabye K8N. I'd avoid Aopen if possible.

i beg to differ the AOpen AK86-Max is the best nforce 3 150 out there at the moment ,with the newest bios reviosion it has working PCI and AGP locks letting Anandtech reviewers get the FSB speed up to 347mhz! as for the AK86l that he has yes it's not a very good board!

check out this revue of the MAX! not mutch differance in the nfoce3 250 except a couple added fetures!http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.html?i=2033

Board layout is great! no memory dims getting in the way of long AGP cards and plenty of room around the socket for not breaking off a cap when mounting the cpu heatsink. pluss the last PCI slot has a seperate power supply for those power hungry PCI cards! very nice top of the line borad!:D

You're confused with the AK89 Max. The AK86 is a K8T800 board. Anandtech has completely dropped the ball with their nForce3 motherboard reviews, unusual of them. But the Shuttle AN50-R and Gigabyte K8N Pro have PCI locks as well, which they seemed to ignore, better build quality, and most importantly, 1.7v selectable core voltage. The 1.55v that the AOpen is limited to outweighs anything else it may offer.

The AOpen isn't really that nice of an nF3 150 board, and considering that the nF3 250's are here now, it's not really worth consideration.

Buying any VIA-based board right now is rather pointless, furthermore.

Gautam said:
You're confused with the AK89 Max. The AK86 is a K8T800 board. Anandtech has completely dropped the ball with their nForce3 motherboard reviews, unusual of them. But the Shuttle AN50-R and Gigabyte K8N Pro have PCI locks as well, which they seemed to ignore, better build quality, and most importantly, 1.7v selectable core voltage. The 1.55v that the AOpen is limited to outweighs anything else it may offer.

The AOpen isn't really that nice of an nF3 150 board, and considering that the nF3 250's are here now, it's not really worth consideration.

Buying any VIA-based board right now is rather pointless, furthermore.

lol ya i guess i did look at the AK 86 he was talking about and think he was talking about the AK89L! big red fire truck! anyway Aopen has stated to incorperate higher voltage on the nforce3 250 boards? i myself like the the higher voltage options!thats why i havnt bought the board, although the FSB speeds are pretty impessive!! hoping Abit will pick up the nforce3 250 boards since they decided to pass on the 150 modle? and yes i agree the VIA k8 bords are pointless at this point. im hopeing they come up with somthing, for i like VIA!

Back