• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Building a new comp from the gound up!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MaxPowers_68

Alright guys its that time again, Im going to help two of my friends build two new comps and I've decided to go with AMD. Which AMD/mobo combo do you guys think is "the best bang for the buck," and a nice OC ;). This well be the 1st AMD rig I build so any help will be appreciated

Last edited:
well when he says bang for the buck, id assume that an a-64 system would be out of the picture, but i could be mistaken as well.

I would go for an nforce2 mobo. The abit nf7-s seems to be a really popular choice. As for cpu id probably grab a mobile barton, as it also sems to be the way to go for cost friendly and decent performance. Not to mention they like to be overclocked.

that would be my $0.02 for now i guess!

one last ? before i start looking at prices. will you need a new monitor and what type on monitor will you be looking for?

alright i put this together from mostly newegg prices its over 600$ but its jsut to give you an idea

CPU- Mobile Barton 2400+ 77$
MOBO- NF7-S 95$
Video- REFURB 9600XT 133$
HDD- WD 80GB 8mb cache 68.50$
Case- Chieftec Black tower 55$
PSU- Fortron 350W 29$
RAM- leaving this blank b/c how much you spend on ram can affect your OC quite abit
Cooling- 10-15$ for HSF
- 50$ for SP-97
-5$ for arctic silver
- ? amount for case fans
MISC- Lite on CDRW 35$
- w/e you want to spend on keyboard mouse ect.

Last edited:
get a mobile barton 2500, its worth it. Everyone on these forums knows about the 2500 bartons. Ive had no personal experience but from reading on here, the 2500 mobile barton seems to be a damn good OC.

Back