• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is the 2600m worth my time?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shard

yo
i was being lazy and found excaliburpc.com has a some good steppings for the 2600m, should i go get it or should i just keep lookin for a good 2500m?

thanks

Received my XP-M 2600+ (0348XPMW) from excaliber today and it is awesome! On a NF7-S v2 I fired it up with 1.8v, 12.5x @ 200 mHz = 2.5GHz and not a hiccup running Prime95 for over an hour. I'm dropping the Vcore 0.025v after each four tests complete and am now down to 1.7v !!! This baby may hit 2.7 GHz on air ;)

I previously had a XP-M 2500+ (0347TPMW) from Newegg that was a lesser overclocker. It wasn't stable at much above 2.4 GHz even with 1.93v. It had the brown package, while the 2600+ from excaliber is green.

Before installing the new chip I did the L12 wire mod. I'll see how high I can crank up the FSB later on.

Excaliber also now has the 35w XP-M chips. Very interested to see how well they overclock ...

L12 Mod Thread

2650.JPG

Read Sig...

How did you get the core of your 9800 pro upto 480 for gaming. I have owned two retail 9800 pros with samsung memory and both would not go above 420 on the core. Did the vga silencer help that much?

keep clockin

yes, go for a 2600-m. mine its 2.7ghz with only 1.9vcore.

jkb2198 said:
How did you get the core of your 9800 pro upto 480 for gaming. I have owned two retail 9800 pros with samsung memory and both would not go above 420 on the core. Did the vga silencer help that much?

keep clockin

I was about to ask the same thing. do u have some really cold air blowing on that thing? is your vga silenver a Rev 2 or 3? does it have a R360 core? and last, did u apply some AS5 to the core? nice oc!

from what i've gotten reading other people's experiences across different forums, the mobile 2600+ and 2500+ pretty much produce the same overclock results. remember, every chip may overclock differently than others which is why some people have been buying the mobiles in batches; testing them for overclockability, then selling off the chips that don't overclock as well. my bet would be to just go ahead with a mobile 2500+.

the only problem is that it harder to find the good steppings of the 2500m than it is to find the steppings of the 2600m. so should i go for the 2600 and still get some good OCing? or should i look harder and pay more to get a realy good stepping of the 2500m?

jkb2198 said:

keep clockin

Actually I could do 480/380 on stock cooling...just ran around 85c with stock cooling...

I do have my own modded VGA...if you can call it a VGA anymore...this keeps the card down to around 35 to 40c at full load now...and can let me achieve 500Mhz on core for 3 or 4 runs on 01/03...then I have to let it rest for a little bit too cool down...

7242@500 Core

500Mhz.JPG

Tango57 said:
from what i've gotten reading other people's experiences across different forums, the mobile 2600+ and 2500+ pretty much produce the same overclock results. remember, every chip may overclock differently than others which is why some people have been buying the mobiles in batches; testing them for overclockability, then selling off the chips that don't overclock as well. my bet would be to just go ahead with a mobile 2500+.
Good logic, but wrong conclusion. Get a 2400+ XP-M. ;)

Back