• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help want high Oc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shady_cb

Hello,

Just started modding my mobile 2500 at the mo it at 175mhz 13 mult and 1.7 vcore

what can i do get higher mhz or summat what about ram timming are what ever i want to try get at leat 2.4 ghz i dont really want to make the vcore any higher coz i running prime95 toutre test and it at 47c

any suggestions

i using an NF7-S MOBO

whats your RAM MHz? If you have PC3200 try making the FSB upto 200 and your mulitplier at 11.5 or 12 ... , I only really know what I've read, so don't take my advice real seriously :)

Silent Frog whats your RAM MHz?

it is at 400mhz at the moment

so 200mhz
11muli
vcore 1.7 (but i reck i can take that down)

Would it just be a case of putting the FSB up a little at a time until it crashes then bring it down a little and up the muli till it crash bring it down a bit then put up the vcore till it stable kinda idea.

The best way to do a proper OC is like this...

Find your max CPU OC..leave the FSB at the CPU's default speed...then start to up the multiplier and core voltage until the CPU is max out...(no matter what core voltage you set it at and it refuses to run stable...that is max)....

Once you find the max CPU Mhz...find out what the max FSB your ram will run stable...best way to do this is...set the multplier to 6x and work your way up until you have maxed the memory...(you will be adjusting the memory timings and voltage during this process)...the reason why I state 6x is because a lot of ram can run at 250+...and if you happen to have some that will run at those speeds...you wont be OCing the CPU at all...

Now once you have found the max of the CPU Mhz and Max of the Memory...try to even them both out....

Example...

CPU maxes out at 2.4Ghz
Memory Maxes out at 240

You would set the multplier to 10 and the FSB to 240...this would be the Optimized OC setting for that example...

This process takes a lot of time, A LOT OF TIME...not just a few hours...you want to give a proper stability test with each new settings and you do not want to be taking big steps...do each time a few Mhz/FSB steps at a time...

Also make sure to watch your temps and voltage rails while running each test...if your temps get too high or your voltage rails start to drop too low...then stop where you are at and fix the issue that has come about...either better cooling or a better PSU...

Back