• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Chiller

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wfarid

What is the complete list of parts needed for a water chiller?

And I found a mini fridge/freezer and i checked out the compressor... The only problem is the condenser is HUGE, its the entire back part of the freakin fridge wich is like approx 3 feet high... LOL, so is there any way i can remove the condensor and capilary tube without taking out the gas stuff and polluting the environment and getting fined $15,000???

could i make like a mach I sized waterchiller? and still get below 0c water temps?

could i make like a mach I sized waterchiller? and still get below 0c water temps?

probably not, well, not without making a custom evaporator and condensor, and adjusting the compressor and some other stuff...

Your best bet with the fridge is to leave everything intact, unless you really want to go through the whole regassing process.

The smallest case you can make is one that will fit the evaporator inside a resevoir, and the compressor, and the condensor.

Look at the barb on that thing...I would have to see someone using that to believe that it doesn't do more harm than good. Using pelts as chillers has been tried thousands of times before swiftech did it, and the conclusion was that they were ineffective due to pelt inefficiency and lack of surface area.

Chilly1 over at xtreme is making a chiller the size of a prommy, and I am pretty sure it will go wel below 0c, but he has serious cooling skills, and is putting alot of time and custom work into it.

If you can deal with the size, you could buy an ac unit, and bend the evap into a cooler. I started that last weekend, and it hits -35c unloaded, but it is cairly sizeable. I wasn't able to use one of those slim 12can coolers because I am using an eheim 1060 and it was a little too big, but with one of those you would be looking at the entire unit taking up slightly more room than the stock window ac unit.

crap...just remember I have to go get some anti corrosion additive before I set this up on my mcw50-t, and some spray insulation for the mcw50-t...forgot to pick that up on the way home from school today...DAMN! :D

Back