• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stutter

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ETUKE

Since I began overclocking I have noticed that in some games(quake3) I get 1 sec stutter every so often,Its not FPS drop and the little box at the bottom dosent show any internet lag.Was wondering if overclocking the CPU could have caused it?HAve checked for spybots and got rid of them,I do have a virus scanner running but I have allways had it running with no problems,I dont see any processes running that are unusual,and selective startup theres nothing running out of the ordinary.Mostly see it on quake,could NIC drivers cause this? or sound drivers?Cant pinpoint it cause its only a split sec but its very annoying.I have tried different video drivers.

found the problem..had the fsb to 215x11 and it was causing the stutter.dropped it back to 200x11.5 and its perfect.Weird cause it never crashed at 215 and ran all the benchmarks fine ,it seems like it only happens on th online games,if i play farcry or bf1942 (not online) all seems ok.think 3com would be better to use in that case?Why would higher FSB be causing stutter if it was stable?

Back