• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3.1Ghz Barton

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i have to agree with the previous statements that thst oc is very nice. lets see some benches now

i don't know it kinda looks photoshoped, it has a different font than other screenshots that i have seem.

Last edited:
IMO it's not photochoped. Look @ the voltage and it's a mobile so 3.1 maight be able to get a screenie but probably not stable.

Wow! 2.1Vcore, I do not doubt it. Be carefull though, there have been people that ran around 2 volts and messed up their L2 cache even at subzero temps. And that, I heard about was a Tbred B, a 1.65stock vcore chip. This is a mobile, so be carefull, it probably is not designed for as high a vcore as other higher stock vcore AMD CPU's.

As for the font, I dont think it is a different font, just the screenie is low quality from when it was saved. What is that wierd text in the intructions box?

BTW, nice O/C!

@md0Cer said:
This is a mobile, so be carefull, it probably is not designed for as high a vcore as other higher stock vcore AMD CPU's.

Mobles are the same core as desktops...
Exact same.
Just more hand picking is done as they can run at lower voltage...
So treat them the exact same as you would a desktop

Oh and whats with the FSB???
Why so low?
You figure someone that has the cash for that cooling could get some decent ram

The text looks bold because he had to resize th eimag and he clicked Sharpen, it does that with my images also.

At least i mguessing thats what he did

The JPG I see is definitely photochopped. Look in the supported instructions field. What the hell is that gobble-dee-gook in there?

Looks doctored to me without a doubt.

I think it's just an artifact under "instruction" field, at least it's a possibility. I don't think anyone who even bother photoshopping would leave something that obvious left on their pic. I'm sure it's barely running at that speed tho, should run around 2.9ghz with stability.

Also notice "unknown CPU 'typ,'" wrong output from unstability?

whats up with these people posting 3+ghz and responding to anyones questions about steppings, photoshop etc....?

Gogeta_G3D said:
whats up with these people posting 3+ghz and responding to anyones questions about steppings, photoshop etc....?
Agreed! To merely post a screenshot without any follow up at all, arouses suspicion of its authenticy due to the frustration of those waiting for more information. That said I would think that 3.1GHz on a Mach2 is definitely doable.

bass-

we'd like to know the specs of your system as well as answers to the other questions-

without feedback to us, your screenshot means nothing.

thanks.

Back