• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

applebred 1.6 mixjb = very little oc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

magnummafia

hi i just got my applebred mixjb and have been messing with it, i can only get it around 1.85ghz i was wondering if anyone else has this stepping? and what they were able to get out of it.

There's nothing to go on here, it may be the ram (?), even the power supply brand (?).

Mobo (?)

It may be your cooling (?)

It may even be the case temperature (?)

well now i have it in a ga-7vax with some mushkin cas2 2100. i have it around 155fsb but any higher it wont post. i tried it in a an35n ultra and a dfi infinity. and even used my bh6 corsair with it. i'm really not that upset cause it's for an extra rig i put together with spare parts, i had everything but the cpu. so basically i got a 1.8ghz computer for $38, not bad. i was just kinda letting people know that not all applebreds oc that well. sorry for the uninformative post, it was really late and my eyes were shot. or i would have elaborated.

Pc2100 @ 155 is doing pertty for a oc. You will need better ram for sure if you wanting a higher fsb. Or you may be able to increase the voltage to the ram or lossen the timings to give you alittle more. But dont look for over 170fsb with pc2100 unless it's some good stick's.

i tried it with pc3200 corsair bh6 also with the same result. raising volts didn't help

a lot of people bought them and were succesful unlocking the extra cache and were able to oc some of them very well. i just decided to give one a shot and see what i could do with it. since it's only $38.

Back