• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where the pelt meets the mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

0-one

Does anyone have good links to explain in detail how to attach a peltier to a motherboard? Specificaly a Gigabyte GA-8S648FX-L mobo. Thanks alot.

-steve-

The Peltier gets Sandwhiched between the CPU and the Heatsink/Water Block, which ever you use. I would do a lot of reading before i used 1 if I were you.

Big Lar said:
The Peltier gets Sandwhiched between the CPU and the Heatsink/Water Block, which ever you use. I would do a lot of reading before i used 1 if I were you.

I know exactly where it goes, and how it works. What i was referring to was how exactly to mount it to the mobo. As well as how to insulate the cpu. I've seen pages on how to do it, but i havent' seen them in a long time.

-steve-

The pelt is just held in by friction. The clamping force from the waterblock/heatsink is more than enough to hold it still.

There are a million articles and how-to's around the net for insulating your soccet. Just run a search for cpu socket insulation, and you will get a bunch. The main idea is to use di-electric grease on the soccet and silicone around it, and then neoprene or styrofoam around everything else. Just make sure there is no way for air to come in contact with anything that is below ambient temperature.

isn't it macci that has a good page on phase change cooling? I think the page is something like vaporphasechangecooling.com, but can't remember. I remember reading a reading a realy good article on insulation there, and as matttheniceguy said, you just use the waterblock mounting hardware to mount the pelt/wb.

edit-> I was close, it was phase-change.com, and it was Bowman not Macci :D. Here is a link to the insulation guide, I think it was pretty good.

Last edited:
Back