• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which Mobile stepping from ExcaliberPC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lord09

The price difference between the 2400, 2500 and 2600 is irrevalent to me, just looking for the best overclocker possible. My board will only do about 1.8V max, so keeping that in mind, what would be the best stepping to get?

My choices

2600+ IQZFA:0347XPMW
2600+ AQYHA:0346XPMW
2600+ IQYHA:0348TPMW

2500+ IQYHA 0408RPMW
2500+ AQYHA:0410TPCW

2400+ IQYHA:0414RPMW

2400+ 35W AQYHA:0413VPHW
2400+ 35W AQYHA:0409SPMW

Alternatively, what do you think the best processor would be to run at stock voltage ( ~1.45 ). I'm a big fan of silentpcreview and would love to run a quiet dually.

I know this is a bit of lazy post, but I'd appreciate anyone's feedback.

Thanks,

DP

I'm currently waiting till 05/07/2004 (hope they still have them) to order a shuttle SN45G with and XP2400M 35W (AQYHA:0409SPMW). I will also be getting a XP2600M(IQZFA:0347XPMW). Any recommendations. I have been trying to decide on steppings as well. One of these chips will end up on my A7N8X-Deluxe v2. Which should end up where?

WildOptic said:
I'm currently waiting till 05/07/2004 (hope they still have them) to order a shuttle SN45G with and XP2400M 35W (AQYHA:0409SPMW). I will also be getting a XP2600M(IQZFA:0347XPMW). Any recommendations. I have been trying to decide on steppings as well. One of these chips will end up on my A7N8X-Deluxe v2. Which should end up where?

the 2400+ u picked is fine. however, the 0346XPMW is better oc than 0347XPMW.

also, I highly doubt the 2400+ 35W will be available 05/07. word spreads fast on these things. im surprised they still have some right now.

Thanks for the info Gogeta_G3D I will make note of that. I might order the 2400+ tom. morning..finding borrowed funds fast for this one. Darn rent first thing always holding me back...lol.

No the point is I dont have proof - that why I would like to see it! I am a detective after all:)
I personally believe there would be little difference between the two and any variance attributal to different set ups rather than the cpu. If it was say a 0321 compared to a 0346 then maybe there might be tangible differences but in this case I think it unlikely.

Last edited:
And what have the 0347's being hitting? Or cant you find one to post?
Oh and the other thing you seem to have missed out is that the 0346 XPMW is a AQYHA whereas the 0347 is a IQZFA - so I suppose thats not relevant?
keep digging:)

True it is an IQZFA...sorry if I didnt notice that before gogeta. But arent the I>A. I just want to hear the entire debate before I buy.

bah, I just know these things. Before I even had one, I was telling everyone the IQYAH 0351MPMW are very good. Then I bought one and you can see what she can do in my sig. When I got my 1700+ 0310WPMW, I did cause this guy who had more exprienced than me recommended WPMW over XPMW. I got both and it turns out he was right, the XPMW did 2.3g at 1.75v, while the WPMW did 2.4h at 1.75. its called intuition, not be confused with instincts.

Ok I will post my findings when I get the CPUs in. Look for WildOptic in UT04 sometime guys. Great forum here btw and thanks again both of you. I will cya around.

So owning a couple makes you a stepping guru whereby you can recommend one week over another week (when there is only a one week gap)??
I would prefer to look at the available data that is already out there in the various forums which is pretty comprehensive already.
Face it you cant find 0347's to compare to the 0346's - so how can you intuitively know if you have never read about one!
Still no comment on the 0346 starting with an A?
As for starting your reply with "Bah I just know these things" well that kinda says it all really.....

Back