• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newcastles available @ newegg!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
They've been out for over a month now. :p

Maybe this'll remind us that A64's aren't necessarily too pricey.

Yeah I posted this bout a week ago, I'd like an answer to jlin453's question as well.... any info?

hrm I dont know if these are NewCastles or not, Im thinkin on ordering one of these 2800+'s but if u look closer the OPN and the picture that they show still indicate an Clawhammer with C0 stepping.

I just hope its a matter of them not updating the OPN or picture yet to reflect a Newcastle/CG processor.

Overclocker550 said:
I never see anyone get the 2800s since the 3000s are dollars more and oc much higher

Where do you get that they OC much higher? There has been nothing to show that. There simply haven't been many reports of 2800+ OCing because most people don't want to buy a low-multi chip without a board that has a PCI lock. Plus, A64 OCing seems to be a crapshoot. There's no way to prove that 3000+s will OC better, as they use the same steppings. Plus, as I already said, there hasn't been enough OCing to gather substantial results.

Those are not even a CG stepping chips...
If you want to be able to tell the difference between the Clawhammers and the NewCastles you gotta look at the OPN code's last two figures.
On the C0 stepping Clawhammer it will end with AP like
ADA**00AEP*AP.
On the CG stepping Clawhammer it will end with AR like
ADA**00AEP*AR.
On the CG stepping NewCastle it will end with AX like
ADA**00AEP*AX.

Last edited:
Back