• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bending pipe...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

woods

I have a water cooler here that my grandmother gave me becaause she said it made her water taste funny. well after a little playing, I got it to freeze about 1 gallon of water in about 20 min. I know that I am not going to get below 0 but it should keep my proc ~ambient temp at least.
my Q is: how flexible are the copper lines that go to and from the compressor?
I need to bend them to get the coils submerged in my res.

if you need to put tight bends in them you can buy pipe benders that support the sides of the pipe and keep it from buckling and kinking. I am not sure how much you can bend it by hand, but deffinatly be carfull with it, you probably don't want to know what the refrigerant smells like;)

Refrigerant smells like....nothing...I accidently breathed some in after I jacked up my old mini fridge. I'm just happy it wasnt r22 that was in there.

well I went ahead and bent it by hand and got a small kink in it but got most of it out. Will this hurt performance. so far it has gotten me a 10C drop in temps. I am down to 39C. not exactly what I was hoping for bnut better than nothing.

Back