• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

compressor Question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

woods

I am going to be using a Hua Yi compressor model#AE1330y in a water chiller. the specs can be found here . The info on this page means nothing to me as I am a noob to this. I need to know if this thing is going to be able to hold up and give me at least ambient temps in a water chiller cycling 11 gallons.

anyone else want to try and decipher the info here. I tried to post this at the other forums listed but it says my account has been locked. :/ it was my ( or going to be) first post.

hmm, if you cant even read the info on a compressor, how are you going to build a water chiller with it??? I suggest you do a little more reading on the subject before asking any questions. The site linked by Rhino56 is a good start, as is phase-change.com .

That site dosent give all that much info on your compressor. For one it dosent give the rated horsepower of the unit. If you knew that then you might be able to give a general guess as to what it can cool.

Someone tell me if I'm wrong but that thing is supposed to be able to cool an 80W load? Anywayz you will be able to make a chiller using r134a, and you will be able to reach ambient or sub ambbient temps, it will just take a long time to chill the water to lower temperatures.

If you know the hp rating then you might be able to charge it with another gas instead of r134a. this would allow you to get lower temps faster.

Back