• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 pelt CPU setup question?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheNewbie

Hi I am putting two pelts on my cpu and i was wondering should i use a copper block between the two or just stack them right together?

You do not stack peltiers, If you wer to do it and have it work, you woudl need a monster on top and then one less than half the wattage on the bottom,

If you want to go dual peltiers, you put them side by side, never stacked.

Jon

who says???? there is a company that sells stacks peltiers so obviously it isnt that bad and i bet u dont need more cooling then what u would need with one cu if u think about it....the bottom peltier will cool the cpu and on top is the other peltier cooling the lower peltier....and whatever cooling u have on top cools that peltier wattage of whatever that puts out...so it would be good to use a lower powered peltier to cool the cpu and a little bit higher powered to cool that peltier and im pretty sure both peltiers wont meet thier max ratings...i could be wrong lol

Well I put two stacked together and it gets realy cold but my hsf an Vantec slot a cooler (huge but allum.) can't keep up gets to hot fast. So i'm back on one for now ;)

Pelts are really inefficent. They generate nearly as much heat as they transfer, so putting 2 pelts together just generates tonnes of excess heat. The coment about the second pelt needing to be twice as powerfull as the first one is true. If the first pelt is pumping say 150 watts, and generating 150 watts, well then the second pelt has to pump 300 watts, which means it would also create 300 watts, and all of the sudden your poor heasdink is trying to deal with 600 watts of heat. These numbers arn't compleatly accurate, but they give the idea. Finding a pelt big enough to deal with the heat load form the first pelt is a problem too, since you still need a decent sized pelt on the CPU (ie 200 watts or so)

Back