• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Woohoo, broke the big 2.4!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hrhrhrFOOT

2400.JPG

:D :D :D :D
Stock HSF on a refurbed a64 with cheapo thermal paste.

Hmm, just primed it and its not stable unless it is at 2358. Very strange.....

It seems that as i lower the multiplier and increase the fsb, my OC goes higher. 10x230 isnt stable, but 7.5x313 or 8x294 is. I know i could go higher if i could just get better ram >_<
My current ram has issues above 158....

Last edited:
hrhrhrFOOT said:
Hmm, just primed it and its not stable unless it is at 2358. Very strange.....

It seems that as i lower the multiplier and increase the fsb, my OC goes higher. 10x230 isnt stable, but 7.5x313 or 8x294 is. I know i could go higher if i could just get better ram >_<
My current ram has issues above 158....

Thats because its Pc2100.. 158 is quite good for some Pc2100 man :D

OH my GOD, you are running 300fsb on an AMD!!! good job! If you get some killer ram, you will have a BAD Arse system!

dippy_skoodlez said:

The FX's are unlocked, A64's are lower multi unlocked I believe, and new bartons are super locked. (INC. thortons)

Ok, I thought the a64's was superlocked too...

If i had some nice ram, i could really do some nice OCing.... these gb boards dont stop till friggin 360 mhz fsb...

Busty St. Clair said:
wait i didn't know the 3000+ was a newcastle. i though the 2800+ was the only newcastle.

that chip is not a newcastle. the software is just wrong. I just added support for newcastles and S939 to GCPUID, and will upload it in a few days. It would've recognized that chip as a clawhammer.

DaWiper said:

Ok, I thought the a64's was superlocked too...

They are unlocked upto their max multiplier. meaning you can run a lower multiplier but not a higher than their default/max one.

Back