• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weird OC problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dukemurmur

when i set my cpu to 133 (stock) and my mem 5/4 and 3.10 volts on the mem it posts and goes into windows and is all happy go lucky and benchies and primes and mem tests. I turn the cpu fsb to 166 and mem to 1/1 and leave the mem voltage at 3.10 and cpu voltage to 1.7 and multi to 13.5 windows won't boot instead it says that it is missing system32/configuration so on and so fourth. Now why would this be? i know the cpu can handle those speeds the mem was just running at it perfectly. Full system in sig.
thnxs
Devin

Generic PC2100 does 133 to low 150s FSB.
There are PC2100s that do more but average generic PC2100 stick can'to go into high 150s, let alone 166.

I understand you say you ran it at 133 FSB but at 125%.

I've never tested PC2100 sticks at anything other than 100% but none of them could go over 152-154 FSB.

what timings are you running now...and they might have to be even loser then what you think...95% of the times when you get the cant find config file it is from memory timings being too tight or not enough voltage...on NF2 motherboards that is...

How good of air flow do you have in your case...2.9v isnt good for a long period of time unless you have some some air flow or heatspreaders on them...

And on a NF2 MB...8-11 runs faster then 5 or 6 actually...

those r what they are set at i havn't touched them yet. but ok i will give that a try i want to break 7k 03 marks tonight right now with my 450/378 oc on my stock BBApro i'm getting 6325 with everything else non oc....

At 480/387 on my system in my sig I just barely get over 7000...and that was with the Omega 4.2's...I can not break 7k with the 4.4's...but the 4.4's score better for my system over the other ATI CAT's...

Which Drivers are you using?

And 03 is more GPU intense then anything...not like 01...so you need to get the best OC out of your VC...

when you raise the FSB...you raise the CPU Mhz if you do not change the multiplier...

And OCing the FSB and CPU Mhz does not effect the scores that much...I actually lost points when I OCed the CPU/FSB and lowered the GPU OC...

hmm so u r saying to leave it? should i just try to oc with the Multi alone? and just bump the FSB a few Mhz to like 138? What place is my 9800pro in as far as stock oc's?

Back