• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pelier power

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Absolute Zero

can someone tell me how to hook up a peltier using a AT psu? i understand how they work and whatnot, i'm asking for the actual electrical connections. how much power should i put to it? does an 80w peltier require 80w of psu power? also, how do i keep condensation down from the cpu?

use lots and lots of dielectric grease and neoprene foam to protect the chip and surrounding components from condenation.

Yeah, a 80 watt pelt will use 80 watts, but multiply the value by 1.5X just incase something on the PSU isnt rated correctly, or the pelt gets a large heat load or something.

P.S. We like the moon!..........That thing is hillarious.

I don't think I can agree... As far as I know a 80W TEC needs about 180W, just like a 226W TEC needs about 320W.

But! If you run it @ 12V it would draw 90-100 W so in real life you get pretty close to 80 W.

About the connections, just connect 12V (yellow) to + (red) on the pelt, and ground (black) to ground on the pelt (also black).
You shouldn't need to connect several PSUs or something as the 80W pelt only draws 8 A.

It's probably a little less than 8A, you need only 1 psu, but you have to put a load on the 5V, otherwise you wont get 12V. Even if 8A ain't that big, you should more than one connector to wire your TEC to your psu

Back